May is Mental Health Month.
Why do we celebrate mental health when our job is to treat mental illness? Because mental health is not just for the 1 in 5 people who have a behavioral health issue; it is for everyone.
Everyone faces challenges in life that can impact mental health, but there are practical tools that help increase well-being and resiliency.
Now - and in the future - remember these coping tips:
- Look for the positive to help lift your spirits.
- Practice healthy sleep, diet and exercise routines, which not only nourish the body but the mind.
- Be aware of how you feel and willing to examine why.
- Eliminate toxic influences in your life.
- Connect with and support others.