The Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a USDA program supervised by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and sponsored by Frontier Behavioral Health.

CACFP serves 10 counties in the Central/Eastern Washington region. The program promotes nutrition by providing cash reimbursements to “in-home childcare facilities” that serve healthy, well-balanced meals to children.

To participate in the program, daycare providers must:

  • Be licensed by the state of Washington
  • Enroll all the children they care for in the CACFP program
  • Record attendance and meals served daily

For information call 509.458.2403 or toll free 1.844.560.5027

OSPI Child Nutrition Services Civil Rights and Nondiscrimination Statement:

Civil Rights regulations are intended to assure that benefits of Child Nutrition Programs are made available to all eligible people in a non-discriminatory manner ensuring equal access to all participants. Sponsors participating in USDA Child Nutrition programs are required to administer program services and benefits in accordance with all Civil Rights laws, regulations, instructions, policies, and guidance related to nondiscrimination.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

"In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity."

"Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at 202.720.2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.877.8339."

"To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online, from any USDA office, by calling 866.632.9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    833.256.1665 or 202.690.7442; or
  3. email: