Evaluation and Treatment Services
Inpatient services are provided to individuals age 18 and older at FBH’s two 16-bed Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) facilities. The goal of E&T services is to help individuals who are experiencing psychiatric instability, who are at risk of harming themselves or others, or who are gravely disabled as a result of their psychiatric condition.
Individuals may be referred to E&T services on either a voluntary or involuntary basis. The length of inpatient services varies depending on the needs of the individual, but is typically between six and eight days.
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Medical examination and treatment
- Nursing assessments and care
- Group work and education related to life skills and understanding medication effects
- Exercise and pet therapy opportunities
- Discharge planning including referrals and linkage to other resources in the community